RIBA Advanced Conservation Course
The RIBA Advanced Conservation Course is an important step in developing your specialism in conservation. The course’s emphasis is conservation in practice, presenting fresh and diverse projects and case studies that showcase the work of small and emerging, as well as larger well established practices to demonstrate the full range of core skills needed by conservation architects, including the growing importance of the conservation of C20th buildings.
Course content and structure
Day 1 Conservation procedures
- Fee bid: group exercise and discussion
- Specifying repair techniques
- Retrofit and thermal upgrade
- The science of conservation
- Specification: group exercise and discussion
Day 2 Structure, construction and services
- Intangible significance discussion
- Material conservation case studies
- Conservation of C20th buildings
Janie Price, Kennedy O’Callaghan Architects
Janie has a diploma in conservation from the AA and is accredited as SCA and AABC. Her work includes conservation architect for Bletchley Park and the Antarctic Heritage Trust.
She is experienced in a wide variety of conservation work at all work stages, from medieval farmhouses to palaces and design guidance in conservation areas. She was co-speaker on the RIBA Conservation Course in 2017 and is an assessor for the conservation register for the RIBA and CARE.
Days 1 and 2 will be delivered by Janie, with a co-speaker and guest speakers where indicated. Speakers may vary from course to course to suit availability and location, however, the course content will remain consistent. Andrew Shepherd, from Andrew Shepherd will be delivering some content during this course.
Core Curriculum Topics
- Building, conservation and heritage
- Legal, regulatory and statutory compliance
- Procurement and contracts
- Architecture for social purpose
- RIBA/CIAT members £260+VAT
- Non members £520+VAT
The two-day intensive course includes workshops, refreshments, lunch, learning materials and RIBA Advanced Conservation Course attendance certificate.
How to book
- Book online
- Email your contact details and selected seminars to email@example.com or your RIBA regional office
- Telephone the appropriate RIBA regional office
For more information on the course content and structure and outcomes, please see course factsheet.