Future Leaders is a three-part programme, consisting of three individual half-day events at two-month intervals. It provides early career professionals with a comprehensive introduction to leadership through industry specific training.
Sessions on key soft skills are delivered by prominent coaches, communications experts and thought leaders, while delegates also benefit from the invaluable applied knowledge and experience of some of the UK’s leading architects.
RIBA Future Leaders: Business and Innovation - 12 July 2018 - SOLD OUT
Healthy practices require a strong pipeline of work, which can only be kept buoyant through business development and activity. Leadership entails full engagement with new business opportunities and processes. It also requires the capacity to continually hone and improve on established procedures and practices – and to innovate strategically in areas that can add value.
The final Future Leaders seminar day will provide key insights from leading architectural practitioners, who are engaged with every aspect of running a successful business from winning work to securing resourcing and profitability. A highly interactive workshop will demonstrate how architects can improve their business performance with effective team work.
- Keynote: Cameron Sinclair, Head of Social Innovation and Community Development, Airbnb.
- Speakers: Neil Boyde, Chief Financial Officer for Grimshaw Architects; Helen Logan, Partner at Allies and Morrison; Lars Hesselgren, Director Research at PLP Architecture.
- Business performance through effective collaboration and teamwork workshop: Jack Russell, leadership coach.
Topics, skills and learning outcomes covered include:
- How to be successful at winning work – competitions and bid submissions.
- The importance of the P&L and good business organisation: tracking of fees and mapping of financial resources.
- How essential effective teamwork is for business performance when working with colleagues and clients.
- How to give your business the edge by ensuring it is innovative and ahead in its chosen area of expertise.
- The significance of technology, innovation and research to future practice.
This event is RIBA CPD approved. It is worth 3.5 hours of structured CPD.
View the full programme (PDF)
- Registration: 1:30pm
- Event starts: 2:00pm
- Event closes: 6:00pm
Tickets for the Future Leaders events can either be booked as single one-off events (£125) for the 22 March, 17 May and 12 July, or alternatively we offer a 30% discount if you block book all three dates by 6 March 2018 (£285).
RIBA Members receive a discount of over 25% on individual and block bookings. There is also a special RIBA Student Member rate. Not a Member? Join now.
Please email the RIBA Practice Events Officer should you have any questions.
Find out more about our other Future Leaders events:
Please note, this event will be filmed and photographed.*
*The film and photos from the event will be included in a delegate resource pack and will also be used in the promotion of future events and by the RIBA for communications purposes. Should you wish not to be filmed or photographed, please notify staff on the day of the event at the registration desk and we will observe your request.