Future Leaders is a three-part programme, consisting of three individual half-day events at two-month intervals. It provides early career professionals with a comprehensive introduction to leadership through industry specific training.
Sessions on key soft skills are delivered by prominent coaches, communications experts and thought leaders, while delegates also benefit from the invaluable applied knowledge and experience of some of the UK’s leading architects.
RIBA Future Leaders: Coming to the Fore – 17 May 2018 - SOLD OUT
Accomplished communication is the essential soft skill that marks out leaders from their peers. It is as indispensable for the leading of internal teams as for external liaison and winning work.
The second Future Leaders 2018 seminar is devoted to the topic, encompassing written and visual communication and presentation techniques, while also establishing what clients want and the necessary steps that you need to take to build your profile or personal brand.
An interactive workshop session on writing to engage clients sets out how to: identify key messages, draw out stories, find the right words to connect with others and make an impact.
- Keynote: Jennifer Holloway, personal brand expert and bestselling author.
- Speakers: Jane Briginshaw, Design England; Marcus Fairs, Editor of 'Dezeen'; and Ibrahim Ibrahim, Managing Director, Portland Design.
- Interactive workshop on writing for clients: Juliette Mitchell, Architypal.
Topics, skills and learning outcomes covered include:
- Understanding the importance of personal brand and reputation.
- How to set about building your profile through social media, events, education and professional activities.
- Getting noticed on digital – how to develop the right sort of platform and content for digital publication and dissemination.
- Knowing your audience.
- Pitching it right in terms of tone and format.
- The essential characteristics of engaging communication.
- Successful presentation techniques.
This event is RIBA CPD Approved. It is worth 3.5 hours of structured CPD.
- Registration: 1:30pm
- Event starts: 2:00pm
- Event closes: 6:00pm
Tickets for the Future Leaders events can either be booked as single one-off events (£125) for the 22 March, 17 May and 12 July, or alternatively we offer a 30% discount if you block book all three dates by 6 March 2018 (£285).
RIBA Members receive a discount of over 25% on individual and block bookings. There is also a special RIBA Student Member rate. Not a Member? Join now.
Please email the RIBA Practice Events Officer should you have any questions.
Find out more about our other Future Leaders events:
Please note, this event will be filmed and photographed.*
*The film and photos from the event will be included in a delegate resource pack and will also be used in the promotion of future events and by the RIBA for communication purposes. Should you wish not to be filmed or photographed, please notify staff on the day of the event at the registration desk and we will observe your request.