Future Leaders is a three-part programme, consisting of three individual half-day events at two-month intervals. It provides early career professionals with a comprehensive introduction to leadership through industry specific training.
Sessions on key soft skills are delivered by prominent coaches, communications experts and thought leaders, while delegates also benefit from the invaluable applied knowledge and experience of some of the UK’s leading architects.
RIBA Future Leaders: Learning to Lead - 22 March 2018
Future Leaders 2018 launches with a dedicated session on what it means to lead. Why is leadership important to practice? What differentiates leadership from management? How do you line yourself up for leadership by adopting a leadership mindset? How do you set about taking those initial steps to shift from an operational to leader mode?
Leadership guru Steve Radcliffe outlines the FED (Future Engage Deliver) framework, highlighting how leadership requires, having ambition and a vision for the future; engaging colleagues and peers; and ultimately delivering results.
- Keynote: Steve Radcliffe, leadership coach and bestselling author of 'Leadership: Plain and Simple'.
- Finding your leadership style workshop: Matthew Turner, architect, coach and careers consultant –The Architects’ Journal’s columnist ‘The Coach’.
- Speakers: Teresa Borsuk, Senior Partner at Pollard Thomas Edwards
Deliver panel: Nigel Ostime (chair), Delivery Director at Hawkins\Brown and Chair of RIBA Client Liaison Group; Ed Clark, Director, Building Engineering Group, Arup; Davinia Venton, Associate Director for Land and New Business at Countryside Properties; and Dan Winder, Design Leader for the Residential Construction Business at Lendlease.
Topics, skills and learning outcomes covered include:
- What it means to lead.
- How to nurture a leadership mindset.
- How leadership differs from management and the operational.
- Understanding your own leadership style.
- Awareness of your own personality type and how best to work with others.
- Future-focused strategy, planning and vision.
- Effective and empathetic engagement and motivation of team members and external stakeholders.
- The importance of high-quality delivery of professional and technical services.
This event is RIBA CPD Approved. It is worth 3.5 hours of structured CPD.
- Registration: 1:30pm
- Event starts: 2:00pm
- Event closes: 6:00pm
Tickets for the Future Leaders events can either be booked as single one-off events (£125) for the 22 March, 17 May and 12 July, or alternatively we offer a 30% discount if you block book all three dates by 6 March 2018 (£285).
RIBA Members receive a discount of over 25% on individual and block bookings. There is also a special RIBA Student Member rate. Not a Member? Join now.
Please email the RIBA Practice Events Officer should you have any questions.
Find out more about our other Future Leaders events:
Please note, this event will be filmed and photographed.*
*The film and photos from the event will be included in a delegate resource pack and will also be used in the promotion of future events. Should you wish not to be filmed or photographed, on the day of the event please notify staff at the registration desk and we will observe you request.