What does great architecture look like in 2019 and who are the people responsible? The architects shortlisted for the 2019 RIBA Stirling Prize will reveal the stories behind their buildings, what inspires them and what it would mean to win the UK’s most prestigious architecture prize. Hear from all the shortlisted practices:
- Matthew Barnett Howland with Dido Milne and Oliver Wilton, Cork House
- Mikhail Riches with Cathy Hawley, Goldsmith Street
- Grimshaw Architects, London Bridge Station
- Rogers Stirk Harbour + Partners, The Macallan Distillery and Visitor Experience
- Witherford Watson Mann Architects, Nevill Holt Opera
- Feilden Fowles, The Weston, Yorkshire Sculpture Park
Chaired by Manon Mollard, Editor of The Architectural Review.
The six shortlisted practices will give short presentations, followed by a chaired discussion between the speakers and an audience Q&A. The event will take place in the Jarvis Hall at 66 Portland Place.
On 18 September we are also hosting a RIBA Stirling Stories North event in Sheffield.