The seminar will explain basic principles and language used when discussing acoustics before going on to cover various construction methods that can help you achieve both the minimum performance requirements and up to 8dB above the minimum requirements.
Speakers from MACH Acoustics will also explain the modelling techniques they use frequently to assess the performance of facades, along with demonstrating their web based design tools and how these can be used to aid the design of residential buildings.
To attend this course, please download the booking form below.
- Introduction to basic acoustic principles and language used in the session
- Residential facade design - The acoustics of open windows
- Sound insulation performance standards demystified
- Achieving 3dB, 5dB and 8dB in excess of ADE requirements
- Construction detailing - Common pitfalls
- Value engineering opportunities
- Introduction to MACH Acoustics Web Based Design Tools
Speakers: MACH Acoustics - MACH Acoustics provide acoustic consultancy across all areas of the built environment. They deliver intelligent, original and cost effective acoustic solutions, to meet their clients’ goals.
RIBA core curriculum key topics: Designing and building it / Compliance