Join us for an evening of talks at St George’s Bristol to discover the story behind the new extension of this celebrated concert hall. Designed by Patel Taylor, Project Architect George Ferrari and Lead Engineer Claire Smith of BuroHappold will present the concepts, drivers and design evolution of the project, alongside a client perspective from the venue’s Chief Executive, Suzanne Rolt.
About the event
St George’s Bristol is a Grade II* listed building and one of the region’s most important cultural centres. Originally built as a church in 1823 and repurposed as a concert venue in the 1970s, St George’s Bristol became a popular destination for lovers of all musical genres, offering over 250 events each year. As audiences grew, so did the need to improve the visitor experience. In 2012, Patel Taylor were commissioned to design a contemporary two-storey addition to the historic building as well as a series of landscape enhancements so that the venue could better serve the next generation of patrons and performers. This one-off event gives a 360-degree view of the project journey from the client, architect and engineer, followed by a Q&A.
- 5:30pm - Arrival in the new Glass Studio
- 6.15pm - Tour of the building (by St. George's Bristol)
- 6:45pm - Speakers
- 7:45pm - Q&A
- 8.00pm - Networking
Book today to avoid disappointment.
Ticket price information
- RIBA Member - Free
- RIBA Student Member - Free
- Non-Member - £6.00
Want to hear about more events like this one? Make sure you're signed up to our newsletters.
Terms and Conditions
- A photographer will cover this event and the images may be used to publicise future RIBA events.
- By accepting an invitation or purchasing a ticket you consent to being photographed, filmed or recorded as a visitor attending the event.
- Cancellations must be made in writing to email@example.com. No refunds can be made for cancellations notified within 30 days of the event. To transfer your ticket/s to another individual/s, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Tickets to be transferred at least 14 days prior to the event. Complimentary tickets are strictly non-transferable.
- If the RIBA has to postpone or cancel the event the booker is entitled to a full refund of the ticket price only.
- On entry to the event you agree to accept and abide by any venue rules.
- The RIBA reserves the right to refuse admission to any ticket holder.