Leeds Society of Architects (LSA) has the great pleasure to host this prestigious event in Leeds which will bring together the RIBA Stirling Prize shorlist in the pre-cursor to the awards evening in London. The event is scheduled to take place in the centre of Leeds on 19 October 2017 from 6.30pm at the contemporary Arts Venue, Trinity Church, Leeds.
This is the first time that such an event is taking place in the northern region and organised by a RIBA branch. In addition to this, we are delighted that the event will also feature a keynote speech from Reinier de Graaf of OMA.
Come and join us to listen to the Stirling Prize 2017 shortlisted architects as they reveal the story behind the nominated buildings and what inspired their creation.
- Barrett’s Grove, Stoke Newington, East London by Groupwork + Amin Taha
- British Museum World Conservation and Exhibitions Centre, Bloomsbury, London by Rogers Stirk Harbour + Partners
- Command of the Oceans by Baynes and Mitchell Architects for Chatham Historic Dockyard in Kent
- City of Glasgow College - City Campus, Scotland by Reiach & Hall Architects and Michael Laird Architects
- Hastings Pier, East Sussex by dRMM Architects
- Photography Studio for Juergen Teller, west London by 6a architects
The featured keynote talk by world renowned architect Reiner de Graaf of OMA Rotterdam further highlights the significance of the evening. He is a prominent lecturer on architectural thinking and as a Director of OMA, he is responsible for building and masterplanning projects in Europe, Russia and the Middle East.
The event is sponsored by Buro Happold and is supported by RIBA Yorkshire. Leeds will undoubtedly be the architectural centre of the UK on 19 October 2017.
The evening will run as follows:
6.30pm – Arrival drink and canapes
7pm – Welcome and address by LSA / RIBA
7.15pm – Stirling Stories – by this year’s nominees
8.15pm – Drinks break
8.30pm – Reinier de Graff lecture
9.15pm – Drinks from local craft brewery bar and live jazz music
11pm – Evening end