For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation, the RIBA confirms that:
- The proprietor of the Site is the Royal Institute of British Architects, whose registered office is at 66 Portland Place, London W1D 1AD, United Kingdom. The Royal Institute of British Architects is registered with the Office of the Information Commissioner under registration number Z684317X. Users may contact the RIBA in relation to data protection matters at email@example.com;
- RIBA processes Users’ data for the purposes of administering membership, collecting subscription fees, running events such as CPD or exhibitions open to the public, handling complaints against its members, fundraising, disseminating newsletters and guidance and ancillary or related activities;
- RIBA processes personal data for its staff, members, members of the public attending events or exhibitions and others, depending on the activities concerned;
- RIBA doesn’t share Users’ personal data unless it either has first obtained consent to do so, or pursuant to a legitimate interest of the organisation (such as running a CPD event);
- RIBA utilises many industry standard information systems including third party cloud based solutions and restricts access to User data by our employees and agents. As an organisation, we will seek to continually ensure we only hold personal details of our members that are necessary for the lawful processing activities associated with the delivery of our products and services;
- Where RIBA has to transfer personal data abroad, for instance in relation to its members based outside the UK, a data transfer agreement is in place to govern the security of such data transfers;
- RIBA retains personal data of Users for different periods of time, depending on the purpose of their processing. A Data Retention Policy codifies the different periods of time after which personal data will be destroyed or returned to the User; and
- RIBA seeks to implement safe technical and operational measures, where its activities include the processing of personal data.
Users should note that where their information is displayed, with consent, on the Site (such as in Find An Architect or the Chartered Members directory) it is accessible to third parties who may independently lift that information for their own marketing purposes. The RIBA has no control over, and accepts no liability in respect, of such access.
Users’ feedback is valuable to the RIBA and will allow the RIBA to serve Users better. Users’ views on what the RIBA is doing and how the RIBA could make things better are important to the RIBA.
If any User has any comments, suggestions or complaints the RIBA would be delighted to hear from that User. Please direct comments or concerns to the RIBA on +44 207 580 5533 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The RIBA reserves the right to bring proceedings in the courts of the country of the User's residence or that of the User's principal place of business at the RIBA's discretion.