Browse books and periodicals and view items from the Rare Books Collection and the Robert Elwall Photographs Collection in the RIBA Library, located on the third floor.
Please note that there is a mixture of open and closed access to the books and periodicals*, with timed retrievals for offsite items at midday and 3pm; access to the Rare Books Collection is available on demand; and access to the Robert Elwall Photographs Collection is by appointment only.
Some recently published journal issues may not be available to view in the RIBA Library before our scheduled annual closure at 5 PM on 3 August 2018. To avoid disappointment please telephone +44 (0)20 7307 3882 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Royal Institute of British Architects,
66 Portland Place,
London, W1B 1AD
Tuesday 10am to 8pm
Wednesday 10am to 5pm
Friday 10am to 5pm
Saturday 10am to 1.30pm
Closed Monday, Thursday and Sunday.
Planned closures 2018
- Wednesday 18 July, open 10am to 1pm only
- Saturday 4 August to Monday 3 September inclusive (annual summer closure)
- Christmas and New Year holiday - dates to be confirmed
- Free admission
- Visitors are required to sign in with a photo ID or RIBA membership card each time they visit the library
- There is wheelchair and step-free access to the Library by lift to the third floor.
- Guide dogs are welcome
- Free lockers – bags, food and drink are not permitted in the library
- Photography of books and periodicals is permitted for the purposes of non-commercial research or private study - please read our personal photography policy before visiting
- Photocopiers and scanners are available
- RIBA members loan library – closed access to books and periodicals for RIBA members, including student members. please contact us for further information
- Free wifi