Strategy and purpose
The RIBA is a global professional membership body driving excellence in architecture. We serve our members and society in order to deliver better buildings and places, stronger communities and a sustainable environment. Being inclusive, ethical, environmentally aware and collaborative underpins all that we do.
Strategy 2016 - 2020
Our primary focus has always been on our members and we will improve how we communicate, support and engage our members, wherever they are located.
Advancing Architecture - our strategy for 2016 to 2020 - sets out our priorities to achieve this vision. We aim to:
- Lead and support the highest professional and ethical standards
- Attract and retain the best and most diverse talent
- Provide access to education, knowledge and skills
- Help our members engage with the challenges and opportunities of a changing world
- Build a body of knowledge and facilitate collaboration, research and innovation in practice
Measuring success is a fundamental part of our strategy.
The yearly Performance Reports detail the activities that we committed to in that year, assigning the status of whether we achieved them or that they are still ongoing.
The Reports also pull out the highlights of the year in headline metrics.
For the full picture, with financial information, of what we did each year, please refer to our Annual Reports.
The Annual Report 2015 describes the year's highlights, achievements and activities, and includes full financial information.