The New Academic Building will serve as a northern gateway to the University’s city centre campus and will bring together the Faculty of Business and Law with the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences.
As well as providing accommodation for academic research and teaching and learning, the new building will also provide student support services, general administrative space and public space on the ground floor.
The five short-listed teams (in alphabetical order of the architect firm leading the multi-disciplinary team) are:
- Allford Hall Monaghan Morris
- Feilden Clegg Bradley Studios
- Nicholas Hare Architects LLP
- Hawkins\Brown Design Ltd.
- Rogers Stirk Harbour + Partners LLP