Designed by Hopkins Architects, as one of the four permanent venues on Olympic Park, the Velodrome provides a landmark venue for the indoor track cycling events at the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games.
Hopkins’ design includes a Café, bike hire & cycle workshop facilities and a 360 degree concorse level offering views of the Olympic Park and London skyline.
The 6,000 seat velodrome, located in the north of the Olympic Park was the host of the Olympic and Paralympic indoor Track Cycling events and is now one of the ‘Big 4‘ permanent venues in the Olympic Park.
- Architecture Award, Design Museum's Design of the Year 2012
- ICE London Civil Engineer Award 2011
- AJ 100 'Building of the Year' Award 2011
- ArchDaily Building of the Year Award (Sports Architecture) 2011
- RIBA Regional Award 2011
- Civic Trust Award 2011
- RIBA Stirling Prize People's Choice 2011
- RIBA 'Client of the Year' Award 2011
- BCI Prime Minister's Better Public Building Award 2011
- Design Museum: Architecture Design of the Year 2011
- Structural Steel Design Award 2011
- WAN Award, Civic Building Sector 2011
- Elle Decoration: British Design Awards, First Place
- Conde Nast Traveller Innovation & Design Awards: Infrastructure Winner 2011