Panter Hudspith Architects were selected as winners of the competition and worked closely with English Heritage and CABE during the design development process.
The new museum creates connections through the site and improves links with the existing Usher Gallery which sits adjacent to the building. The forms of the building fracture as they follow the contours up the hill, towards the Cathedral, opening up routes and views through the site.
The external courtyard is designed to allow activities within the museum to spill out in summer months, whilst also creating a new public space for Lincoln.
- Civic Trust Award 2009
- AIA Design in Excellence Award 2007
- RIBA Award 2006
- Gulbenkian Prize - Runner up - 2006
- The Concrete Society - Winner of the Overall Award - 2006
- The Concrete Society - Winner in the Building Category - 2006
- Natural Stone Awards - Highly Commended - 2006