RIBA/BIID concise professional services contract: interior design services
The 2020 RIBA concise professional services contract: interior design services is suitable where the interior designer undertakes a commission for interior design services on simple, non-complex, commercial projects for a business client or public authority.
The interior designer should undertake the installation of interior designer furniture, fixtures and equipment.
Buy a concise professional services contract: interior design services
It is legally advisable that both parties to the contract each have an original signed version.
You will need to buy two paper copies.
Please note: From 10 January 2022, prices will be:
- Digital contracts from £22.50 plus VAT
- Paper contracts from £35 plus VAT
RIBA Chartered Practices get 50% off digital contracts. You can print multiple times at no extra cost.
- For work for a consumer client, use the RIBA domestic professional services contract: interior design services
- For the appointment of a principal designer under the CDM regulations 2015, use the RIBA principal designer professional services contract
The RIBA domestic professional services contract: interior design services has been created to align with the revised RIBA Plan of Work.
Other features include:
- Succinct and easy to understand language, compared to other standard forms of contracts
- Compliant with the Consumer Rights Act 2015
- Fair and equitable terms of the contract for both the client and the architect/consultant
- The clause structure used in the contract avoids the use of large numbers of sub-sub clauses and large amounts of cross-referencing between provisions