RIBA/BIID concise professional services contract: interior design services
The 2020 RIBA concise professional services contract: interior design services is suitable where the interior designer undertakes a commission for interior design services on simple, non-complex, commercial projects for a business client or public authority.
The interior designer should undertake the installation of interior designer furniture, fixtures and equipment.
Buy a concise professional services contract: interior design services
It is legally advisable that both parties to the contract each have an original signed version.
You will need to buy two paper copies.
RIBA Chartered Practices get 50% off digital contracts. You can print multiple times at no extra cost.
Review the specimen copy of this contract.
- For work for a consumer client, use the RIBA domestic professional services contract: interior design services
- For the appointment of a principal designer under the CDM regulations 2015, use the RIBA principal designer professional services contract
The RIBA domestic professional services contract: interior design services has been created to align with the revised RIBA Plan of Work.
Other features include:
- Succinct and easy to understand language, compared to other standard forms of contracts
- Compliant with the Consumer Rights Act 2015
- Fair and equitable terms of the contract for both the client and the architect/consultant
- The clause structure used in the contract avoids the use of large numbers of sub-sub clauses and large amounts of cross-referencing between provisions