2018 RIBA Fellow Members
The RIBA is proud to announce our newest RIBA Fellow Members recognising our inspirational Chartered Members who have made a significant contribution to the profession.
“I am delighted to welcome our 2018 cohort of RIBA Fellow Members to their new roles as ambassadors for architecture. The RIBA Fellow Assessment Panel was impressed by the contributions to architecture and society that these exceptional individuals are making, and we are proud to recognise their achievements by election as RIBA Fellows.” says Ben Derbyshire, RIBA President.
Social housing, conservation of historic buildings and sustainable design were prominent themes in this year's successful applications.
By highlighting these professionals - and the broad spectrum of backgrounds and specialisms in which they work - we can continue to set a benchmark to which future generations of architects can aspire, as well as celebrate the sometimes unsung heroes of our profession. We can also help to broadcast the voices of those of our members who are addressing some of the huge challenges that affect modern society, and help them to continue to drive progress. The RIBA is looking forward to working with all of our Fellows to help continue to serve society through the delivery of better buildings and places, stronger communities and a sustainable environment.
2018 RIBA Fellow Members
- Mr Charles Joseph James Andrews, FRIBA, Int’l Assoc. AIA, LEED AP, San Antonia, USA
- Dr Raj Barr, FRIBA, FAIA, Washington DC, USA
- Mr Jason Boyle, FRIBA, BA(Hons)Int, DipArch, Accrington, England
- Mr David Dunbar, FRIBA, BSc(Hons), B’Arch(Strath), LLM MCIArb, PPRIAS, Glasgow, Scotland
- Ms Valerie Evans, FRIBA, Surrey, England
- Professor Joseph Fitzgerald, FRIBA, DA (dun), MRSUA, FRIAI, Lisburn, Northern Ireland
- Mr Chris Heuvel, FRIBA, DipTP, MAB, FRSA, FHEA, Norwich, UK
- Mr Paul Keogh, FRIBA, B.Arch (Hons), MA RCA, FRIAI, Dublin, Ireland
- Mr John Melvin, FRIBA, AA Dipl, Dip TP (UCL), MRPTI, Warwickshire, UK
- Dr Mervyn Miller, FRIBA, B.Arch (Hons), PhD, FRTPI, IHBC, Hertfordshire, UK
- Professor Nasrine Seraji, FRIBA, AA dipl, OAL, ONM, Paris, France
- Mr John Stewart, FRIBA, FRSA, Buckinghamshire, UK
- Dr Ruffina Thilakaratne, FRIBA, PhD, LEED AP, BEAM Pro., HKIA (Assoc.), Hong Kong
- Mr Morley von Sternberg, FRIBA, London, UK
- Mr Nigel Walter, FRIBA, Cambridge, UK
RIBA Fellow Membership
RIBA Fellow Membership recognises the achievements of our Chartered Members that have made a significant contribution to architecture, the profession and the community. The standard of applications was very high, and our Fellow Assessment Panel was impressed and humbled by the wide range of contributions that are being made by our own Chartered Members every day. The 15 Fellows who have been elected represent a broad range of backgrounds and specialisms, who continue to affect and influence change from all four corners of the globe.