RIBA Part 1 and 2 Bursaries
The aim of the RIBA Part 1 and Part 2 Bursaries is to provide long-term financial support to architecture students who demonstrate talent and commitment to their studies who might struggle to cover the costs of living and course-related expenditure. The schemes have been made possible by generous donations to the RIBA from the Walter Parker Trust, the Rosenberg Memorial Fund and the Ayyub Malik Trust; as well as monies raised through the RIBA Education Fund.
For the RIBA Part 1 Bursary, applicants need to apply during the first year of enrolment of an RIBA Part 1 programme in the UK. Funding is then distributed to successful applicants throughout their second and third years of study.
For the RIBA Part 2 Bursaries, applicants need to apply in advance of starting their Part 2, when they hold an offer for an RIBA Part 2 programme within the UK. Funding is then distributed to successful applicants throughout the two-year programme.
Recipients of Part 1 and Part 2 bursaries will receive £1,000 per term to a maximum of £6,000. Successful part-time applicants will receive the same maximum amount in payments proportionate to the length of studies.
Applications for 2018 bursaries are now closed, we will be opening applications again in March 2019.
We are pleased to announce the recipients of the 2018 RIBA Part 1 and Part Bursaries below.
The winners of the RIBA Part 1 Bursaries are:
- Maciej Adaszewski – The Bartlett School of Architecture, UCL
- Ellen Day – University of Portsmouth
- Henri Kopra – University of Nottingham
- Carmen Ligia Poara – The Bartlett School of Architecture, UCL
The winners of the RIBA Part 2 Bursaries are:
- Sara Abekova - Manchester School of Architecture
- Abigail Bird - University of the Arts, London (Central Saint Martins College of Art and Design)
- Ioana Gherghel - University of Cambridge
- Naomi Howell-Sivosh - The Bartlett School of Architecture, UCL
- Lorna Lovatt - Manchester School of Architecture
- Eleanor Riley - University of Westminster
- Kit Wong - The Bartlett School of Architecture, UCL
- Anonymous recipient – University of East London
If you have any queries regarding these bursaries please email these to Student.Support@riba.org