RIBA Wren Insurance Association Scholarships
The RIBA Wren Insurance Association Scholarships were established in March 2013 following a donation by The Wren Insurance Association Limited, an architects’ professional indemnity mutual that comprises 66 of the UK’s leading architectural practices.
The scholarships aim to support outstanding Part 2 students who have the potential to make a significant contribution in the field of architecture. Recipients receive £6,000 each and the opportunity to be mentored by an architect member of the Wren.
Since 2013, the scheme has supported 35 talented recipients who continue to shape the future of the profession.
To be eligible to apply for the next round of applications, applicants must:
- have graduated from a RIBA Part 1 professional qualification course in Architecture in a higher education institution in the UK,
- at the time of application, be enrolled in a RIBA Part 2 professional qualification course in Architecture in a higher education institution in the UK and be starting the final year in September 2020.
Details of the application process and supporting documentation can be found in the application form.
The deadline for receipt of applications is 9am on Tuesday 26 May 2020.
Applications received after this time will not be accepted.
Should you have any queries relating to the application process, please contact Gillian Harrison.
The 2019 RIBA Wren Insurance Association Scholars are:
- Shawn Adams, Royal College of Art
- Laura Keay, The Bartlett School of Architecture, UCL
- Dor Schindler, Architectural Association School of Architecture
- Declan Wagstaff, University of Edinburgh
- Rosa Whiteley, Royal College of Art
Recipients may use the scholarship in a variety of ways, from elaborating on an existing research interest to looking at how they might develop new ideas, or enabling time to scope different mechanisms and philosophies.