RIBA Wren Insurance Association Scholarships
RIBA and The Wren Insurance Association are pleased to announce the five recipients of the 2023 RIBA Wren Insurance Association Scholarships:
- Alfie Hollington - University of Strathclyde (completed RIBA Part 1 at University of Strathclyde)
- Henry Aldridge - The Bartlett School of Architecture, UCL (completed RIBA Part 1 at University of Cambridge)
- Jeanette Aves - University of Cambridge (completed RIBA Part 1 at Oxford Brookes University)
- Maciej Aleksander Adaszewski - The Bartlett School of Architecture, UCL (completed RIBA Part 1 at The Bartlett School of Architecture, UCL)
- Rowdah Charbak - Manchester School of Architecture (completed RIBA Part 1 at Manchester School of Architecture)
- have graduated from a RIBA Part 1 professional qualification course in architecture in a higher education institution based in the UK
- be enrolled in a RIBA Part 2 professional qualification course in architecture in a higher education institution based in the UK, and be starting the final year the following September, at the time of application
The judging committee selects each scholar on the basis of the applicant’s talent, as demonstrated by the academic and non-academic achievements of the applicant to date.
Consideration will also be given to:
- the applicant’s potential contribution to architecture, as demonstrated by their academic intentions, any relevant experience, and aspirations for their future career
- the applicant’s personal circumstances and their journey to architecture, and the applicant’s views on how the scholarship will have a positive effect on their academic and professional ambitions
RIBA and the Wren Insurance Association are committed to driving equality, inclusion, and diversity within architectural education, and welcome applications from students whose profiles are currently underrepresented in the profession.
How to apply
Information on the 2024/25 application cycle and format will be published here in due course, but not before spring 2024.
If you have any questions about these scholarships, please contact Sophie Arp.