RIBA Norman Foster Scholarship
'As a student I won a prize that allowed me to spend a summer travelling through Europe and to study first hand buildings and cities that I knew only from the pages of books. It was a revelation - liberating and exhilarating in so many ways. Today it is the privilege of the Norman Foster Foundation to support the RIBA Norman Foster Travelling Scholarship, which I hope will have a lasting legacy – offering the chance for discovery and the inspiration for exciting new work – for generations to come.'
The RIBA Norman Foster Travelling Scholarship offers £7,000 to a student of architecture who demonstrates the potential for outstanding achievement and original thinking on issues that relate to the survival of cities and towns.
To be eligible, students must be enrolled in, and have successfully completed the first year of, a professional qualification in architecture in one of the schools of architecture invited by the RIBA. Each school can nominate one student only.
The next application cycle will start in January 2019. For more information about the scholarship please contact Gillian Harrison.
You can follow the journey of the 2018 RIBA Norman Foster Scholar, Steven Hutt (University of Greenwich) through his travel blog.
RIBA Norman Foster Scholars:
- 2007: Ben Masterton-Smith - Bartlett School of Architecture (UCL), UK
- 2008: Faizan Jawed - Rizvi College of Architecture, Mumbai, India
- 2009: Amanda Rivera - Universidad del Bio Bio, Chile
- 2010: Andrew Mackintosh - Robert Gordon University, UK
- 2011: Sahil Bipin Deshpande - Rizvi College of Architecture, Mumbai, India
- 2012: Thomas Aquilina - Edinburgh School of Architecture and Landscape Architecture, UK
- 2013: Sigita Burbulyte - Bath University, UK
- 2014: Joe Paxton - Bartlett School of Architecture (UCL), UK
- 2015: Charles Palmer - University of Sheffield, UK
- 2016: Abel Feleke - University of Western Australia, Australia
- 2017: Chloe Loader - University of Lincoln, UK
- 2018: Steven Hutt - University of Greenwich, UK