Six buildings shortlisted for the RIBA North East Awards 2020
A Passivhaus, university buildings and a company headquarters are among the six buildings which have been shortlisted for this year’s RIBA North East Awards.
RIBA North East Regional Director, Amanda Khan, welcomed the news:
“The North East region continues to play host to a remarkable array of carefully-crafted buildings. I congratulate all practices who have been shortlisted in this competitive process. We received a high standard of entries from a range of national and international practices. It’s great to see so many North East-based practices in the running, representing the wealth of talent that we have in our region.”
The six projects that have been shortlisted are:
· Lower Mountjoy Teaching and Learning Centre, FaulknerBrowns Architects
· Oak Tree Passivhaus, Shawm with MawsonKerr
· The BIS, Whitby Street Studios, Group Ginger
· Teesside University Student Life Building, FaulknerBrowns Architects
· Tombola House, Ryder Architecture
· The Beam, Feilden Clegg Bradley Studios
This year's awards sponsors for special awards include Michelmersh for the Sustainability Award, Taylor Maxwell for the Project Architect of the Year and Emerging Architect of the Year award and Equitone for the Building of the Year award.
If you are a member of the press wanting more information on the RIBA North East Awards shortlist (including access to images) then please email firstname.lastname@example.org.