A museum on the shores of Windermere in the Lake District, a residential development on a former factory site in Liverpool and an extension for the Hallé Orchestra in Manchester are among the 10 projects that have been shortlisted for this year's RIBA North West Awards.
The projects that have been shortlisted are:
- Alliance Manchester Business School, Manchester by BDP
- Baker Place, Manchester by OMI Architects
- Hardman Square Pavilion, Manchester by Sheppard Robson
- Pele Tower House, Cumbria by Woollacott Gilmartin Architects
- Murrays’ Mills, Manchester by Feilden Clegg Bradley Studios
- Strawberry Field, Liverpool by Hoskins Architects
- The Gables, Liverpool by DK Architects
- The Oglesby Centre at Hallé St Peter’s, Manchester by Stephenson Studio
- Windermere Jetty Museum, Cumbria by Carmody Groarke
- Wythenshawe Hall, Manchester by Buttress Architects
Due to ongoing public health concerns, judging for the 2020 RIBA UK Awards was postponed to 2021. The 2021 RIBA UK Awards (including Regional, National and the RIBA Stirling Prize) will be selected from the shortlist for the 2020 RIBA Regional, RSUA, RIAS, and RSAW Awards.
Regional Award winners will be considered for a highly coveted RIBA National Award in recognition of their architectural excellence. The shortlist for the RIBA Stirling Prize, the best new building of the year, will be drawn from the RIBA National Award-winning buildings and the Stirling Prize winner will be announced after this.
If you are a member of the press wanting more information on the RIBA North West Awards shortlist (including access to images) then please email email@example.com.