The RIBA has announced the three candidates standing for election as RIBA President-Elect, alongside nominations for RSAW President and seats on RIBA Council.
The RIBA President, RSAW President and RIBA Council members are elected representatives from the RIBA’s membership. RIBA Council, chaired by the President, acts as the representative body, and is responsible for collecting insight from the membership and the profession to inform the Board’s decisions relating to the strategic direction of the organisation. RIBA Council is responsible for appointing the Trustees to the Board of the RIBA Charity.
The candidates standing for RIBA President-Elect are:
- Jo Bacon
- Muyiwa Oki
- Sumita Singha
The candidates standing for National and Regional Council seats can be found here.
Digital voting for all seats opens on Tuesday 28 June at 9am and closes on Tuesday 26 July at 5pm. Results will be announced on Tuesday 2 August.
Three hustings will take place on:
- Tuesday 21 June at 12pm BST (online – registration closes on Monday 20 June at 12pm)
- Thursday 23 June at 7pm BST (online – registration closes on Wednesday 22 June at 7pm)
- Monday 27 June at 6pm BST (online and at 66 Portland Place, London – registration closes on Sunday 26 June at 6pm)
Successful RIBA Council candidates will commence their three-year term on 1 September 2022. The RIBA President Elect’s term begins on 1 September 2022, with their two-year term as RIBA President commencing on 1 September 2023.
Notes to editors:
- Press contact: Abigail.Chiswell-White@riba.org.
- Images of President Elect candidates can be downloaded here.
- The Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) is a global professional membership body that serves its members and society in order to deliver better buildings and places, stronger communities and a sustainable environment. Follow @RIBA on Twitter for regular updates.