14 housing schemes, 8 schools, a city farm (Waterloo Community Farm) and refurbished public house (The Sekforde) are among the 61 buildings to receive RIBA London Awards 2018 from the Royal Institute of British Architects.
RIBA London Award-winning buildings set the standard for skilful, accomplished architecture in the capital. The winning buildings will now be in the running for highly coveted RIBA National Awards which will be announced on 21 June 2018.
RIBA London Director, Dian Small, said: “London has perhaps the highest concentration of design talent found anywhere in the world. It is that concentration of diverse talent, skills, and exchange of ideas that makes London such an exciting and challenging place to work in the field of architecture. It’s testament to the drive and passion of our members that again, we have seen the largest ever number of schemes shortlisted for the RIBA London Awards. Our members are building more – and better – buildings than ever before; constantly enhancing the landscape and skyline of our region.”
The winning projects can be viewed here.
Further Special Awards have been awarded to:
NOTES TO EDITORS:
2. Images and citations of 2018 RIBA London Award winning projects can be downloaded here.
3. The RIBA Special Awards are sponsored by Geberit, Taylor Maxwell, Tobermore and Marley Eternit. Microsoft is the RIBA Awards Exclusive Technology Partner.
4. RIBA Awards have been running continuously since 1966 and are judged and presented locally. No matter the shape, size, budget or location, RIBA award winning schemes set the standard for great architecture all across the country.
5. The RIBA National Awards 2018 will be announced on Thursday 21 June 2018.
6. The Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) is a global professional membership body that serves its members and society in order to deliver better buildings and places, stronger communities and a sustainable environment.
7. Follow @RIBA on Twitter for regular updates http://www.twitter.com/RIBA