Eight buildings shortlisted for RIBA East Midlands 2017 Awards
Eight buildings have been shortlisted for RIBA East Midlands 2017 Awards; the winners will be announced at an Awards evening at The Roundhouse, Derby on Thursday 25 May.
The buildings that have been shortlisted are:
- Artemis Barn, Castleton by Chiles Evans + Care Architects Ltd
- Beach Hut – Sandilands, Sutton on Sea by Jonathan Hendry Architects Ltd
- Blackwood, Humberston by ID Architecture
- George Green Library, University of Nottingham by Hopkins Architects
- Leicester Cathedral's Richard III Project ‘With Dignity and Honour’ by van Heyningen and Haward Architects
- Meadow View Specialist Dementia Residential Care Centre, Darley Dale, Derbyshire by Glancy Nicholls Architects
- Number One Westhill, Leicester by Stephen George + Partners LLP
- The GlaxoSmithKline Carbon Neutral Laboratories for Sustainable Chemistry, Nottingham by Fairhursts Design Group
RIBA East Midlands Chair, Valeria Passetti welcomed the news:
'It’s fantastic that eight projects have been shortlisted for the RIBA East Midlands 2017 Awards. The range and diversity of the schemes selected, including two by regionally-based practices, is testament to the inspiring architecture that this region has to offer.'
All shortlisted buildings will be assessed by a regional jury with the winning buildings announced at the RIBA East Midlands Awards evening and reception on Thursday 25 May at The Roundhouse, Derby. The Awards will be hosted by BBC East Midlands Political Editor, Tony Roe.
Regional Award winners will be considered for a highly-coveted RIBA National Award in recognition of their architectural excellence, the results of which will be announced in June. The shortlist for the RIBA Stirling Prize for the best building of the year will be drawn from the RIBA National Award-winning buildings later in the year.