11 buildings shortlisted for RIBA North West Awards 2019
A bus station, a hospital building and a charity headquarters are among the 11 buildings which have been shortlisted for this year’s RIBA North West Awards.
RIBA North West Interim Director, Tom Mills, welcomed the news:
“The North West region continues to play host to a remarkable array of delightful, carefully-crafted buildings. I congratulate all practices who have been shortlisted in this competitive process. The longlist for the 2019 North West Awards was of exceptional high calibre, with entries received from a range of national and international practices. It’s great to see so many North West-based practices in the running, representing the wealth of talent that we have in our region.”
This year’s shortlisted projects are:
- A Restorative Rural Retreat for Sartfell, Isle of Man by Foster Lomas
- Alder Hey Hospital – Institute in the Park, Liverpool by Hopkins Architects
- Farnworth House, Widnes by Smith Young Architects
- Irwell Riverside, Salford by shedkm
- Market Hall, Isle of Man by horncastle:thomas with Brinkworth Design
- Mustard Tree, Ancoats, Manchester by OMI Architects
- Ordsall Chord, Manchester by BDP
- Preston Bus Station refurbishment, Preston by John Puttick Associates with Cassidy + Ashton
- Roof Gardens, Manchester by Ollier Smurthwaite Architects
- The Lookout, Pettypool, Cheshire by Walker Simpson Architects Ltd
- Two St Peter’s Square, Manchester by SimpsonHaugh
All shortlisted buildings will now be assessed by a regional jury with the winning buildings announced at an awards ceremony at Manchester School of Art on Wednesday 8 May.
If successful, the Regional Award winners will be considered for a highly-coveted RIBA National Award in recognition of their architectural excellence, the results of which will be announced in June. The shortlist for the RIBA Stirling Prize, the best new building of the year, will be drawn from the RIBA National Award-winning buildings in July and the Stirling Prize winner will be announced in October.
If you are a member of the press wanting more information on the RIBA North West Awards shortlist (including access to images) then please email email@example.com.