The Korean Institute of Architects (KIA) and the Seoul Hall of Urbanism and Architecture are organising a joint exhibition entitled ‘Hidden Architects’, aiming to showcase the talents of promising architects that are currently lesser known.
The exhibition will take place between 10 December 2019 and early January 2020 (date TBC) in Seoul Hall of Urbanism and Architecture. An exhibition book is also expected to be published in early January.
The purpose of this exhibition is to highlight the work of rising architects, so that their ideas and talents can be included within the existing architectural society. They have invited more than 10 countries to participate, including the UK, and submissions can be sent directly to Winnie Chan.
Submission guidelines and criteria
In order to submit work for the exhibition, candidates must be:
- architects, aged 45 years or below
- relatively unknown to the public
- participating personally (if submitting a piece of group work, please refer to Appendix 3 for information on how to obtain other team members’ consent)
- only submitting one piece of work
How to submit work
To be considered for inclusion in the exhibition, you will need to provide:
- a photo of your work
- a description of submitted work – for example, an idea sketch, diagram, photo of model, etc
- a short description of what you think of Korean architecture (around 100 words, in English)
- a profile photo (30x40mm, 300dpi, JPG format)
- your contact details, including telephone number, email address and country
Please send your submission to Winnie Chan.