15 projects have been shortlisted for RIBA Yorkshire (Royal Institute of British Architects) 2019 Awards; the winners will be announced at an Awards evening at Aspire, Leeds on Thursday 16 May 2019.
The buildings that have been shortlisted are:
- Alsop Fields, Cartwright Pickard
- Avalon, Yiangou Architects Ltd
- Corn Yard, Coda Studios
- The Great Barn, Bolton Abbey, Pearce Bottomley Architects
- The Hollis Building, Chiles Evans + Care Architects Ltd
- Leeds Arts University, DLA Architecture Ltd
- Mercia School, Sheffield, Bond Bryan Architects
- Merrion House, Leeds, BDP
- Mount Grace Priory Café, MawsonKerr Architects
- LVV,RTC and iCAIR, Bond Bryan Architects
- Site Gallery, Sheffield, DRDH Architects
- Scala Yard, DLA Architecture Ltd
- Solar Gate, Tonkin Liu
- Velvet Mill, Lister Mills, David Morley Architects
- The Weston, Yorkshire Sculpture Park, Feilden Fowles Architects
RIBA Yorkshire Judging Panel Chair, Stephen Hill said:
“The range of excellent projects entered for this year’s RIBA Awards mirror the diversity of Yorkshire itself. Whether embracing its beautiful landscapes, heritage or celebrating its dynamic future, what they have in common is inventiveness and imagination in addressing their individual context and creating places that bring delight.”
All shortlisted projects will be assessed by a regional jury with the winning buildings announced at the RIBA Yorkshire Awards evening and reception on May 16th, 2019 at Aspire, Leeds. Guest speaker for the evening will be the RIBA President elect Alan Jones.
Regional Award winners will be considered for a highly-coveted RIBA National Award in recognition of their architectural excellence, the results of which will be announced in June. The shortlist for the RIBA Stirling Prize for the best building of the year will be drawn from the RIBA National Award-winning buildings later in the year.
The Regional Special Award Sponsors include: