RIBA Client of the Year 2016 shortlist
The Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) has today (Thursday 1 September 2016) announced the shortlist for the 2016 RIBA Client of the Year award. The annual award, supported by The Bloxham Charitable Trust, recognises the role that a good client plays in the creation of fine architecture.
The 2016 shortlist is:
- Leicester Print Workshop – nominated by Takero Shimazaki Architects for their 2016 RIBA Award-winning Leicester Print Workshop
- Manchester City Council – nominated by Mecanoo for their 2016 RIBA National Award-winning HOME (in addition to the 2016 RIBA North West Award winners Manchester Central Library by Ryder Architecture and Library Walk Link Building by SimpsonHaugh and Partners)
- University of Oxford Estates – nominated by WilkinsonEyre for their 2016 RIBA Stirling Prize shortlisted Weston Library
- Westmorland Limited – nominated by Glenn Howells Architects for the 2016 RIBA National Award winning Gloucester Services by Glenn Howells Architects and AFL Architects
The winner of the 2016 RIBA Client of the Year Award will be announced at the RIBA Stirling Prize party on Thursday 6 October at RIBA in central London.
The Architects’ Journal is media partner for the RIBA awards, including RIBA Client of the Year, and professional media partner for the RIBA Stirling Prize. The RIBA Stirling Prize is sponsored by Almacantar.
ENDSNotes to editors:
- For further press information please contact Callum Reilly in the RIBA Press Office: firstname.lastname@example.org or 020 7307 3757
- Previous winners of the RIBA Client of the Year Award include The Royal Shakespeare Company (2011), Olympic Delivery Authority (2012), the National Trust (2013), Manchester Metropolitan University (2014) and National Theatre (2015).
- The Royal Institute of British Architects (@RIBA) is a global professional membership body that serves its members and society in order to deliver better buildings and places, stronger communities and a sustainable environment. www.architecture.com
- Tom Bloxham MBE of Urban Splash supports the RIBA Client of the Year award through his charity The Bloxham Charitable Trust.
- For more information on The Architects’ Journal visit www.architectsjournal.co.uk