The RIBA East Conservation Group's mission is to bring new knowledge and support to local conservation architects and members with an interest in conservation – bridging the gap between local and national committees and initiatives.
The group works with local branches and groups to identify exemplar case studies and to provide lectures and panel discussions for members in the region on a range of topics, including niche products, offering new insights on age old questions, and working practices. Keep an eye on the RIBA East Eventbrite page and RIBA's What’s On pages for an event schedule.
The group is formed of five conservation specialists from around the region working within, or running practices ranging from sole practitioner to larger, well-established practices. Group members represent all RIBA East branch areas: Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire, Hertfordshire, Essex, Norfolk, and Suffolk, with the chair coming from the heart of Norfolk.
All members of the group share a passion and dedication to creating positive dialogue, and supporting and enhancing knowledge sharing. Their objective is to increase understanding and awareness on conservation to inform future design and to work closely with fellow architects and professionals working in the built environment.
RIBA East Conservation Group members:
- Beata Zygarlowska, Isle Architects - Group Chair
- Monica Corcoran, Benchmark Architects
- Sarah-Jane Stebbing, John Stebbing Architects
- Adam Grant, Norton Studio Architects
- Iain Frearson, Iain Frearson Architects
- Fiona Russek, Artifex Architecture
- Laurane Bubbins, The Victor Farrah Partnership
- Ian Dieffenthaller, City & Country
- Hugh Bunbury, Nicholas Jacob Architects
- Penny Clements, Roger Balmer Design
- Janet Jury, Purcell
- Francesca Weal, Francesca Weal Architects (Specialist Conservation Architect)
- Patricia Forero-Senior, The Architect Studio
- Carl Rowland, Graham Handley Architects
- Kags Alexander-Cahill, Purcell
- Nigel Walter, Archangel Ltd
- Bob Thompson, Thompson Bradford Architects
- Domenico D'Alessandro, Historic England (Specialist Conservation Architect)
- Jeremy Lander, Jeremy Lander Architect (Specialist Conservation Architect)
- Sarah Morrison, Historic England (Specialist Conservation Architect)
- Andrew Rowson, National Trust
If you’re interested in finding out more, please email James Turnbull, RIBA East.