The Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) have today (Thursday 7 December) announced the 2018 cohort of Fellow Members. Fellowships have been approved for fifteen RIBA Chartered Members who have made a significant contribution to architecture and the built environment.
The 2018 RIBA Fellow Members are:
- Mr Charles Joseph James Andrews, FRIBA, Int’l Assoc. AIA, LEED AP, San Antonia, USA
- Dr Raj Barr, FRIBA, FAIA, Washington DC, USA
- Mr Jason Boyle FRIBA, BA(Hons)Int, DipArch, Accrington, England
- Mr David Dunbar, FRIBA, BSc(Hons), B’Arch(Strath), LLM MCIArb, PPRIAS, Glasgow, Scotland
- Ms Valerie Evans FRIBA, Surrey, England
- Professor Joseph Fitzgerald, DA (dun), MRSUA, FRIAI, Lisburn, Northern Ireland
- Mr Chris Heuvel, FRIBA, DipTP, MAB, FRSA, FHEA, Norwich, UK
- Mr Paul Keogh, FRIBA, B.Arch (Hons), MA RCA, FRIAI, Dublin, Ireland
- Mr John Melvin, FRIBA, AA Dipl, Dip TP (UCL), MRPTI, Warwickshire, UK
- Dr Mervyn Miller FRIBA, B.Arch (Hons), PhD, FRTPI, IHBC, Hertfordshire, UK
- Professor Nasrine Seraji FRIBA, AA dipl, OAL, ONM, Paris, France
- Mr John Stewart FRIBA, FRSA, Buckinghamshire, UK
- Dr Ruffina Thilakaratne FRIBA, PhD, LEED AP, BEAM Pro., HKIA (Assoc.), Hong Kong
- Mr Morley von Sternberg FRIBA, London, UK
- Mr Nigel Walter FRIBA, Cambridge, UK
The honour allows RIBA Fellows to use the initials FRIBA after their name.
The 2018 RIBA Fellowships will be presented at a special event at the RIBA, 66 Portland Place, London, W1 in early 2018.
RIBA President Ben Derbyshire said:
“I am delighted to welcome our 2018 cohort of RIBA Fellow Members to their new roles as ambassadors for architecture. The RIBA Fellow Assessment Panel was impressed by the contributions to architecture and society that these exceptional individuals are making, and we are proud to recognise their achievements by election as RIBA Fellows."
1. For further press information contact Abigail Chiswell-White in the RIBA Press Office: Abigail.Chiswell-White@riba.org, 020 7307 3811
2. Images and biographies: https://riba.box.com/v/RIBAFellowMembers2018
3. RIBA Fellow is a category of membership that was introduced in 2016. Applications are open to any current UK or International RIBA Chartered Member who has significantly contributed to the profession in at least three of the following areas:
- Received an honour or an award for a significant contribution in architecture
- Has led or played a proactive role in a project that has had a positive social or environmental impact at a local, regional, national or international level
- Has contributed to the advancement or thought leadership of the profession through education, research or technology
- Served on a local, regional, national or international working group (council, committee, board, commission, task force etc.) that has affected change, influenced or supported the profession, architecture or built environment
- Made a significant contribution to architecture through local, regional, national or international initiatives and activities.
4. The 2017 Fellow Assessment Panel who selected the 2018 Fellows was chaired by RIBA President Ben Derbyshire and Immediate Past President Jane Duncan.
5. The Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) is a global professional membership body that serves its members and society in order to deliver better buildings and places, stronger communities and a sustainable environment. Follow @RIBA on Twitter for regular updates www.twitter.com/RIBA