RIBA North West today (3 March 2016) announced that it has shortlisted seventeen new and exciting projects which will compete for a coveted RIBA North West Award in April.
Over the coming weeks the RIBA judging panel will be visiting a range of high quality buildings right across the North West region; from a private house in Cheshire by local practice GA Studio, to the building at the cultural heart of one of Manchester’s largest areas of development, HOME by Mecanoo.
As well as the prestigious Building of the Year Award, which The Whitworth and architects MUMA collected in 2015, the shortlist will also produce a Small Project of the Year Award for a project costing less than £500,000. The jury panel will also be on the lookout for Project Architect of the Year, which is awarded to the architect who stands out as having significantly contributed to an award-winning project.
The winners will be announced at an evening event at The Bluecoat in Liverpool on Wednesday 20 April 2016.
Notes to editors:
- For further press information and access to high-resolution images of each project please contact RIBA North West on 0151 703 0107.
- RIBA North West Awards shortlist in full:
- 60 Carrwood, Cheshire by Stephenson Studio
- Alder Hey Children’s Hospital, Liverpool by BDP
- HOME, Manchester by Mecanoo
- Library Walk Link Building, Manchester by Simpson Haugh + Partners
- Littlewoods Bunker, Liverpool by shedkm
- Liverpool Philharmonic, Liverpool by Caruso St John
- Manchester Central Library, Manchester by Ryder Architecture
- Mellor Primary School, Stockport by Sarah Wigglesworth Architects
- Motel One, Manchester by Hodder + Partners
- National Graphene Institute, Manchester by Jestico + Whiles
- Private house, Cumbria by Bennetts Associate
- Private House 1109, Cheshire by GA Studio Architects
- Sevendale House, Manchester by Stephenson Studio
- Southern Street, Manchester by Cartwright Pickard Architects
- Waitrose, Chester by Broadway Malyan
- Wirral Metropolitan College, Birkenhead by Glenn Howells Architects
- Withington Girls’ School, Manchester by Levitt Bernstein
- The RIBA Awards have been running continuously since 1966 and are judged and presented locally. No matter the shape, size, budget or location, RIBA award-winning schemes set the standard for great architecture all across the country. RIBA awards are for buildings in the UK by RIBA Chartered Architects and International Fellows.
- The Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) champions better buildings, communities and the environment through architecture and our members. www.architecture.com
- The RIBA Awards 2016 are kindly sponsored by:
Marley Eternit ww.marleyeternit.co.uk