RIBA Northern Ireland Awards 2016 shortlist
Five buildings have been shortlisted for RIBA (Royal Institute of British Architects) Regional Awards 2016 in Northern Ireland.
From the 10 entries submitted the buildings that have been shortlisted in Northern Ireland this year are:
- Banbridge Health & Care Centre by Kennedy FitzGerald Architects in association with Avanti Architects
- David Keir Student Hub and Auditorium by Burwell Deakins Architects
- Home from Home BCH (Belfast City Hospital) by McGonigle McGrath
- The Graduate School, QUB (Queen's University Belfast) by Consarc Design Group Ltd
- Wellcome-Wolfson Institute for Experimental Medicine by Ostick and Williams in association with Stantec Ltd
All shortlisted buildings will be assessed by a regional jury with the winning buildings announced in April.
Regional Award winners will be considered for a highly-coveted RIBA National Award in recognition of their architectural excellence, the results of which will be announced in June. The shortlist for the RIBA Stirling Prize for the best building of the year will be drawn from the RIBA National Award-winning buildings later in the year.
The RIBA Awards are running in parallel to the Royal Society of Ulster Architects Design Awards 2016, the winners of which will be announced at a Gala Dinner on 26 May 2016 in Belfast’s Waterfront Hall.
Notes to editors:
- For further information and access to high res press images please contact Gillian Lendrum, Royal Society of Ulster Architects: 02890 323 760 email@example.com
- RIBA Awards have run continuously since 1966 and are judged and presented locally. No matter the shape, size, budget or location, RIBA Award-winning schemes set the standard for great architecture all across the country. RIBA Awards are for buildings in the UK by RIBA Chartered Architects and RIBA International Fellows.
- The Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) champions better buildings, communities and the environment through architecture and our members. www.architecture.com