Fifteen buildings have been shortlisted for RIBA (Royal Institute of British Architects) South 2017 Awards. There were 40 buildings entered in the region, which covers Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, Hampshire, the Isle of Wight, Middlesex and Oxfordshire.
The winners will be announced at an Awards event at Ascot Racecourse on Thursday 25 May.
The buildings that have been shortlisted for RIBA South Awards this year are:
- Private house by Hamish and Lyons
- Private house by Nick Baker Architects
- Art and Design Building, Bedales School, Petersfield by Feilden Clegg Bradley Studios
- The Hotwalls Studios, Portsmouth by EMRC Architecture Ltd with Deniz Beck Partners and Deniz Beck
- The Point, Tadley by Ayre Chamberlain Gaunt
- Winton Chapel, University of Winchester, Winchester by Design Engine Architects Ltd
- Private house (1) by PAD Studio
- Private house (2) by PAD Studio
- Warwick Hall Community Centre, Burford by Acanthus Clews Architects
- Barns Place, Oxford by Allford Hall Monaghan Morris
- Magdalen College Library, Oxford by Wright & Wright Architects
- The Berrow Foundation Building and New Garden Building, Lincoln College, Oxford by Stanton Williams with Rodney Melville and Partners Ltd
- Private house by Adrian James Architects
- Private house by Richard Meier & Partners Architects LLP with Berman Guedes Stretton and Roger Stretton
- Private house by West Waddy ADP LLP
All shortlisted buildings will be assessed by a regional jury with the winning buildings announced at an Awards evening and reception at Ascot Racecourse on Thursday 25 May. The guest of honour will be RIBA President Jane Duncan.
Regional Award winners will be considered for a highly-coveted RIBA National Award in recognition of their architectural excellence, the results of which will be announced in June. The shortlist for the RIBA Stirling Prize for the best building of the year will be drawn from the RIBA National Award-winning buildings later in the year.
Notes to editors:
- For further press information please contact:
- Details of the private houses shortlisted for RIBA Awards are confidential at this stage.
- Tickets for the RIBA South/South East Awards evening, open to all cost £95+VAT. Ticket includes reception, three-course dinner and Awards presentations. To book, contact email@example.com
- RIBA Awards have run continuously since 1966 and are judged and presented locally. No matter the shape, size, budget or location, RIBA Award-winning schemes set the standard for great architecture all across the country. RIBA Awards are for buildings in the UK by RIBA Chartered Architects and RIBA International Fellows.