Seventeen projects shortlisted for RIBA South Awards 2019
The projects in the running for RIBA South Awards are:
- G W Annenberg Performing Arts Centre, Wellington College, Crowthorne by Studio Seilern Architects
- River Thames Footbridge, Maidenhead by Knight Architects and COWI
- Murray Centre, Downe House School, Thatcham by Design Engine Architects
- Cork House, Berkshire by Matthew Barnett Howland with Dido Milne and Oliver Wilton
- Lark Rise, Berkshire by Bere Architects
- Places Leisure, Eastleigh by AHR
- Lovedon Fields, Kingsworthy by John Pardey Architects and BBA Architects
- Beach Huts and Public Realm Improvements, Milford on Sea by Snug Architects and Ramboll Consulting Engineers
- The Lookout at Lepe Country Park, Lepe by Hampshire County Council Architects
- Whitchurch Silk Mill, Whitchurch by Hampshire County Council Architects
- Ridding Court, Winchester College, Winchester by Cowper Griffith Architects
- Hampshire House, Hampshire by Niall McLaughlin Architects
- Greenland Library, Brasenose College, Oxford by Lee\Fitzgerald Architects
- Dora Carr Close, Oxford by Allford Hall Monaghan Morris, RPS, Ruff Architects
- The Beecroft Building, University of Oxford by Hawkins\Brown
- The Hands Building, Mansfield College, Oxford by MICA Architects
- Westgate, Oxford by BDP, Dixon Jones, Allies and Morrison, Panter Hudspith, Glenn Howells Architects.
All shortlisted projects will now be assessed by a regional jury, with the winners announced at an awards dinner on Thursday 23 May at Newbury Racecourse. You can buy your tickets for the dinner here.
If successful, the Regional Award winners will be considered for a highly-coveted RIBA National Award in recognition of their architectural excellence, the results of which will be announced in June. The shortlist for the RIBA Stirling Prize, the best new building of the year, will be drawn from the RIBA National Award-winning buildings in July and the Stirling Prize winner will be announced in October.
If you are a member of the press wanting more information on the RIBA South Awards shortlist (including access to images) then please email firstname.lastname@example.org.