The buildings that have been shortlisted for RIBA South Awards this year are:
Thames Tower, Reading by dn-a architects
Berkshire House, Berkshire by Gregory Phillips Architects
West House, Stowe School, Stowe by MICA Architects
Pheasants, Buckinghamshire by Sarah Griffiths + Amin Taha
Eastleigh College, Eastleigh by ArchitecturePLB
Canoe Lake Leisure Tennis Pavilion, Southsea, Portsmouth by PAD studio
DH ROFGO, Hampshire by SHH Architecture & Interior Design
Big Data Institute, Oxford by Make Architects
The College Hub, Kellogg College, Oxford by Feilden Clegg Bradley Studios
Hubert Perrodo Building, St Peter’s College, Oxford by Design Engine Architects
New Library, The Queen’s College, Oxford by MICA Architects
The Sultan Nazrin Shah Centre, Worcester College, Oxford by Niall McLaughlin Architects.
James Robinson, RIBA Regional Director said of the shortlist:
“We are very lucky to have such outstanding buildings on the shortlist this year. It’s been a good year. The standard and variety of the entries is very high; from small private houses to the larger public and institutional buildings. The shortlist also demonstrates the fantastic amount of design talent in and around the regions, in practices both large and small, local and working nationally or indeed, internationally.
“The region has an amazing architectural heritage with buildings that have the capacity to amaze, inspire and improve our quality of life. This year’s RIBA Awards shortlist and the winners we are about to celebrate, show that they are still being built.”
All shortlisted buildings will be assessed by a regional jury with the winning buildings announced at an Awards evening and reception at Mercedes-Benz World on Thursday 17 May.
Regional Award winners will be considered for a highly-coveted RIBA National Award in recognition of their architectural excellence, the results of which will be announced in June. The shortlist for the RIBA Stirling Prize for the best building of the year will be drawn from the RIBA National Award-winning buildings later in the year.
Notes to editors:
- For further press information please contact Jenny Peterson, 0750 146 6648 email@example.com.
- Details of the private houses shortlisted for RIBA Awards are confidential at this stage.
- Tickets for the RIBA South/South East Awards evening, open to all cost £105+VAT. Ticket includes reception, three-course dinner and Awards presentations. Book via this link Celebration of Architecture - 17 May - Mercedes-Benz World.
- RIBA Awards have run continuously since 1966 and are judged and presented locally. No matter the shape, size, budget or location, RIBA Award-winning schemes set the standard for great architecture all across the country. RIBA Awards are for buildings in the UK by RIBA Chartered Architects and RIBA International Fellows.
- The Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) champions better buildings, communities and the environment through architecture and our members. www.architecture.com