The RIBA North East’s Equality, Diversity and Inclusion group is called Change the Record, led by Grace Choi.
We are looking for RIBA members who will pledge their support to the “Change The Record” agenda. We are seeking architects, architecture faculty or architecture students who are willing to become ‘Advocates’ by agreeing with the five Pledges below.
We believe that visibility is important to bring about the change we want to see in the profession. This requires us to stand together to amplify our voice. Please help us achieve this by providing a profile picture of yourself. Your profile will be added to others, building a powerful poster image of collective diversity in the North East.
All advocates will receive a logo to use on personal e-mail signatures and a copy of the final poster. Please add your face to the campaign.
Please return all profile pictures to Kate.Aldred@riba.org. by July 31 2019.
Change The Record Advocates pledge to:
- Create a diverse representation of society in architectural education and practice
- Challenge practice culture to be more open, flexible, tolerant and inclusive of everyone
- Support equal opportunities for all qualified architects to progress their careers
- Call out and challenge discriminatory behaviour
- Promote and encourage role models, championing the visibility of the under-represented
Create, challenge, support, call out, promote: equality, diversity and inclusion