Published in the run-up to the 2017 General Election, Building Global Britain contains the RIBA’s recommendations to support high quality, sustainable built environment across the UK.
The built environment plays a crucial role in how people understand and value the world around them. As the UK negotiates a new relationship with the EU and the rest of the world, the quality of the places in which we live, work and play will be a reflection of our ambition and success.
The UK’s architecture sector is a beacon for quality, creativity and innovation globally, and the sector should be able to thrive post-Brexit.
In order to create the communities that we need and secure the UK’s reputation as a global hub for innovation and creativity the next UK Government must:
- Grow the UK as a global trading nation
- Put local people at the heart of the planning system
- Deliver good quality homes that meet the needs of society
- Build schools that are better space for learning
- Show leadership in resilient infrastructure