Business Benchmarking 2022 summary
The RIBA’s annual Business Benchmarking report tracks the business of doing architecture among RIBA Chartered Practices. The 2022 Benchmarking report tracks how RIBA Chartered Practices have emerged from the COVID-19 pandemic.
Key trends revealed in the 2022 RIBA Business Benchmarking report include:
- Revenues have stabilised, rising 1% to £3.1 bn.
- Staff numbers have recovered post-furlough and lockdown. RIBA Chartered Practices employ 44,300 people, a 17% increase compared to last year.
- RIBA Charted Practices have maintained consistent levels of profits.
Download the 2022 summary at the bottom of the page.
The annual RIBA Business Benchmarking survey provides vital business knowledge about how your practice compares to others across a broad spectrum of criteria. It allows you to identify areas of strength, weakness and opportunity.
The survey offers a truly in-depth evaluation of how well your practice is performing against the following criteria:
- marketing spend
- hourly rates
- client types and sectors
Information provided to practices by the survey provides high-quality business intelligence to inform practice management.
The survey also provides an invaluable source of historical trend data to help shape the future of the profession.
All RIBA Chartered Practices benefit from and are required to complete the RIBA Business Benchmarking Survey by 31 July each year. Information is collected and analysed in complete confidence by our project partners at The Fees Bureau and MRM Solutions.
For some handy hints on completing the survey, see our Guidance notes below.
Watch the video below to see how to get the best out of the interactive RIBA Benchmark Tool.
What’s in the Benchmarking Tool?
With the Benchmarking tool, you will benefit from:
- the ability to compare your practice with others like you
- direct and ongoing access to survey data
- increased functionality to produce bespoke comparisons and reports
- data that’s directly relevant to you and your practice
- access to year on year data and trends
If you are not yet a RIBA Chartered Practice and would like to take part in this year’s Benchmarking Survey, please telephone +44 (0)20 7307 3800 or email Membership Development.
For further information on the RIBA Business Benchmarking Survey, or to register your interest in participating, please contact us by email.