Accounts and payroll services for architects and practices
RIBA Business are pleased to offer accounts and payroll services for architects and practices. We have carefully chosen two accountancy partners - Butterworth Barlow and Whitemoor Davis.
Our selected partners are experts in helping small, medium and start-up businesses with a range of accounts, business advisory and support services. They understand architectural practices, and can provide tailored support and recommendations to make running your business easier.
Business advice for Architectural Practices
Here are some financial tips and information provided by Butterworth Barlow and Whitemoor Davis to help your business at this difficult time.
We are pleased to provide a video from our partner Whitemoor Davis taking you through the basics of calculating and reviewing cost rates.
The video above provides the know-how to correctly calculate cost rates, allowing you to recover the cost of your business from your projects in that year. In this article by Whitemoor Davis on Charge out rates and profit, the focus turns to making money on these same projects.
Here are some examples of the services available:
- accounts preparation for sole practitioners and limited companies
- corporation tax compliance
- personal tax compliance
- bookkeeping services
- VAT return preparation and filing (including making tax digital)
- management accounts preparation
- business plans and forecasts
- tax planning advice
- tax enquiries and investigations
- payroll processing
- pension administration (including the RIBA pension scheme)
- telephone/email support for employee queries
- provision of monthly departmental journal entries/wage analysis
- advising on PAYE and third-party payments (e.g. CSA)
- P11D assistance
- apprenticeship levy assistance/returns
- PAYE Settlement Agreement advice
Whether you're looking to grow your business, need to manage a difficult time, or are just not happy with your current service provider, we can offer a cost-effective, quality service that you can rely on.
Switching accountants is simple and can be done without disruption to your business, as we'll help you to transfer all of your information. If you're thinking about switching accountants, here are some questions to ask yourself:
- Are you getting value for money?
A good service is worth the money, but if you don’t feel the services provided align with the cost, you could obtain other quotes to compare
- Do they understand your business?
It’s important that your accountant fully understands your business and its operation, so they can best advise and support your plans and objectives
- Are your tax returns or pension files submitted correctly and on time?
A good service would mean these are planned and submitted regularly, without issue and without the need to get the business owner involved at the last moment.
For more information
For an up close and personal look into the accountancy services Whitemoor Davis provide, read the RIBA Business supplier spotlight series with Whitemoor Davis.