Employee information about the RIBA Pension Solution
RIBA has partnered with Smart Pension to offer a pension solution tailored to employees working in architecture and the wider built environment sector.
Smart Pension runs an award-winning UK master trust scheme for hundreds of thousands of members, making them one of the country’s largest workplace pension providers.
How is your money invested?
Smart Pension offers two approaches to investing your pension savings: Smart Pension can manage your investments for you, or you can do it yourself.
If you don’t make a choice, your money will be automatically invested into the default investment fund which has been designed to suit most scheme members.
Default investment fund breakdown
- United Kingdom equities - 19%
- North American - equities - 36%
- alternative assets (passive fixed income, active fixed income, diversified alternatives) - 20%
- global developed small cap equities - 4%
- emerging market equities - 5%
- Asia (ex Japan) equities - 2%
- Japan equities - 6%
- Europe (ex UK equities) - 8%
Alternatively, members of the scheme can choose from a wide range of funds to meet their individual investment goals.
Benefits you get from The RIBA Pension Solution
The RIBA Pension Solution, provided by Smart Pension, will allow you to take advantage of the following benefits:
- easy to manage – you can find up-to-date information about your pension savings in real-time via an online account and through the app
- ethical approach – an environmental, social and governance (ESG) approach to investing comes as standard for the scheme’s default investment fund
- flexibility – select a managed default investment portfolio or choose from a range of alternative funds
- fairness and transparency on pricing – with some of the lowest charges in the UK pension marketplace
- safety and security - the scheme is overseen by a fully independent trustee board and regulated by The Pensions Regulator
- portability – scheme members can take their pension with them if they move to a new job. They can also transfer their funds to another pension without incurring any penalties
- Smart Rewards – free, unlimited access to over 1,200 discounts at major retailers across the UK. You could save over £400 a year
Pension scheme members - further information and login
If you have been auto enrolled into the RIBA Pension (provided by Smart Pension) by your employer, here’s how you can find more information on the scheme and a link to access your account.
Manage your pension online
Sign in to the members’ area on the Smart Pension website to access a range of detailed information, see performance reports and manage your pension investment. You can do the following:
- check the amount in your pension pot, nominate a beneficiary, view your invested funds, change personal details, check the fund performance or make a request to transfer another pension into your account
- opt out, opt in or change how much you contribute
- review and change your investment funds
- make a one-off additional contribution
Other useful information
Watch Smart Pension’s new member account video.
Contact RIBA Business
Alternatively, contact the RIBA Business team for help on accessing your account or to discuss your eligibility to join The RIBA Pension Solution.