Appointing Documents Update
This seminar will focus on the importance of using the appropriate form of appointment document and the content of the new suite of RIBA Professional Services Contracts (PSCs). We will cover the various procurement methods, along with the legislation affecting procurement and contracts, and the implications on the role of the architect/consultant, including areas of risk. The first 20 bookings will receive a free set of RIBA PSCs.
This session will cover:
- an overview of the various procurement methods – traditional, design and build, management, partnering and multi-party agreements
- legislation affecting procurement and contracts, and the implications on the role of the architect/consultant, including areas of risk
- why use a professional services contract?
- what to consider when choosing a professional services contract
- key changes/overview of the key contract terms
- a workshop on the RIBA PSCs: managing liability and risk
- an overview of the new CIC Collateral Warranties and Novation Agreements
This seminar will be delivered by Professor Sarah Lupton, who is a partner in Lupton Stellakis and directs the Master of Design Administration and the Diploma in Professional Practice at the Welsh School of Architecture.
Core Curriculum topic:
- procurement and contracts
To book a place, please contact RSAW on 02920 228 987 or by emailing RSAW@riba.org.