Building on the success of The Importance of Collaborative Design (a joint RIBA/RTPI event held at ARU Chelmsford on 10th July 2018), this conference will bring together leading architects, planners, clients and co-professionals, to examine best collaborative design practice responses to the global and local challenges facing our region.
We will be asking:
How can the planning system cope with today’s unprecedented challenges?
Can collaborative approaches to urban regeneration be used to increase densities, meeting the demand for development without destroying the green belt or compromising the quality of the built environment?
Is our region unique, and how can best global practice inform design and development in our locality?
- Bob Allies, founding partner Allies and Morrison
- John Anderson, Chairman, Berkeley East & West Thames
- Chris Brown, Executive Chair and Founder, igloo
- Ian Butt, Head of Place and Policy, Castle Point Borough Council
- Peter Dawson, Built Environment Manager, Place Services, Essex County Council
- David Glason, Development Director, Great Yarmouth Borough Council
- Chris King, Senior Urban Designer, Place Services, Essex County Council
- Derek Stebbing, Planning Policy Consultant, Strutt & Parker
- Andrew Taylor, Head of Planning, Countryside Properties
- Giles Tofield, Director of the Cultural Engine CIC