About the make along
Join in our miniature make along to design, create and decorate your very own mouse house to meet the needs of its tiny tenants. We'll start you off with an hour long workshop to get the house built, then you can continue using our resource to create furniture and to decorate inside and out.
This online session is led by artist educator Katie Kennedy for children aged 6 to 10 years.
The make along will have a short resource to accompany it. Participants will receive this shortly after the event.
- A sturdy cardboard box, like a shoe box
- Five sheets of white A4 paper
- Two or three sheets of cardboard, the same width of your box
- Patterned/coloured paper to decorate
- Coloured pencils or felt tips
- Glue stick
- Magazines or newspapers to cut up and collage, or use as wallpaper
- Acetate to create windows
- Off cuts of fabric for soft furnishings
- Washi tape to decorate
- Print outs of furniture templates from resource
- Toys to play in house
About the workshop series
For ages 6 to 10, our Design Quest workshops and make along events inspire younger children to use their imagination and hands on creativity for a fun introduction to architecture. Previous workshops have seen participants create optical illusions, design sustainable dens, build stage sets or develop an animated story around a public space.
The make along will take place online on Microsoft Teams. A link will be sent to participants with confirmed bookings.
These workshops are led by professional educators and supervised by RIBA staff. Please see the materials list for items that will be required during the workshop.
If you're under 18, tickets must be booked by a parent or guardian. Online booking in advance is essential: if we do not receive full registration information in advance of the event we cannot allow the participant to attend.