About the workshop
Design Time: Ecovillage (in-person workshop)
Monday 25 October 2021, 11am to 4pm
For children aged 11 to 15
If you could design and create a brand new, sustainable and environmentally friendly eco village from scratch what would it look like and what would it stand for?
Join us for this fun in-person creative workshop, where we’ll collaborate to design and create an eco-friendly construction using 3D model making. We’ll explore the history and design of garden cities and model villages and be inspired to make our own vision for the future.
You’ll learn model making skills, explore sustainable design and create something inspiring to show your vision of housing for the future.
This creative architecture workshop is led by educator Katie Kennedy for children aged 11 to 15 years.
Participant information for Design Time at 66 Portland Place October 2021
With the return to in-person workshops, we are striving to make the learning spaces as safe as possible and will be limiting the number of participants at this time. We are delighted to welcome you back to 66 Portland Place, but will ask that you follow a few extra guidelines for the event:
- please do not attend if you have any symptoms associated with COVID-19, have had a positive coronavirus test or have been asked to self-isolate
- hand sanitiser stations are located throughout the building, please use these or wash hands regularly
- we will keep the room as well ventilated as possible by opening windows and doors, so please bring a jumper if the weather is a bit chilly
- maintain social distancing and wear a face covering (unless exempt) when moving around the building
- bring along a packed lunch and a drink (the café is not open at this time). We will be keeping the group together at lunch time and weather permitting we will be having our lunches on one of our outdoor terraces
- we ask that everybody arrives 10 minutes before the start time so that we can take the group up together. We may be checking temperatures as part of the checking in procedure
About the workshop series
Our Design Time (previously Design Day) workshops for ages 11 to 15 take architectural design a step further, by providing context and knowledge of the built environment to spark creativity.
Past workshops have focused on:
- different architectural styles
- small and large scale construction methods
- traditional and digital drawing techniques
- architectural games
- using software to design collaboratively in a shared space
All participants must arrive by 11am. These workshops are led by professional educators and all materials are included in the ticket price, but lunch is not provided.
If you're under 18, tickets must be booked by a parent or guardian. Online booking in advance is essential - if we do not receive full registration information in advance of the event, we cannot allow the participant to attend.
- £40 + booking fee
- £30 for participants who qualify for free school lunch. (Proof required)
To see other learning workshops taking place in this series, see our families and children page.