Create, design and make an imaginary museum. In this fun online model-making and printing workshop, you will create and curate your museum's collections, design a stunning building to house them and build a 3D model from card and recycled materials with a hand-printed façade to reflect the collections inside. You will explore museum building design and drawing, 3D model making and hand printing techniques. Think about museum collections and how museums and galleries can benefit the area around them as well as the visitors.
• a sturdy box / sheets of thick cardboard
• coloured paper or white paper A3 or A4
• paint of one or two colours
• paper plate / palette for painting
• kitchen Roll / Paper Towels
• water for painting / printing
• foam (could be from packaging)
• coloured pencils or felt tips
• glue stick
• recycled materials for model making - yoghurt pots / plastic / small boxes / lids etc.
• craft knife for adults to use / help with
• double sided tape
This online creative architecture workshop is led by artist-educator Katie Kennedy for children aged 11 to 15 years.
About the workshop series
Our Design Time (previously Design Day) workshops, for ages 11 to 15, take architectural design a step further by providing context and knowledge of the built environment to spark creativity. Past workshops have focused on different architectural styles, small and large-scale construction methods, traditional and digital drawing techniques, architectural games and using software to design collaboratively in a shared space.
The workshop will take place online via Microsoft Teams. A link will be sent to participants with confirmed bookings. These workshops are led by professional educators and are supervised by RIBA staff. Please see the materials list for items that will be required during the workshop.
If you're under 18, tickets must be booked by a parent or guardian. Online booking in advance is essential and if we do not receive full registration information in advance of the event, we cannot allow the participant to attend.
- £20 excluding booking fee
- £15 for participants who qualify for free school lunch (proof required)
To see other learning workshops taking place in this series, see our families and children page.