The Royal Institute of British Architects has been announced as the institution partner for the first edition of the Architecture, Design & More 'Designing the New World Order' virtual summit.
On 13 November at 8.30am (GMT), RIBA President Simon Allford will discuss the theme of education and careers with Council of Architecture of India President Ar. Habeeb Khan.
Architecture, Design & More (ADM) is a virtual summit to be held on 12 and 13 November 2021 and organised by AnimationXpress, part of the India Television Group. The summit aims to bring thought leaders together from across the globe to discuss new ideologies, observations, issues, and challenges critical for the architecture and design industry in the "new normal" new world. The diverse interpretation of the word 'future' is unique for every designer, rendering the meaning of the new world order as a paradox in itself. The summit plans to initiate a platform that will inspire, influence and consciously or subconsciously create an awakening. And in its first edition, it aims to have focused discussions around the theme: Designing the New World Order.
The Indian Television Group, spearheaded by its founder, CEO and Editor-in-Chief, Mr Anil Wanvari, has covered the media and entertainment industry for over two decades. It has expanded into e-commerce, edu tech, retail, pharmaceutical, information technology, and real estate discourses. ADM is the new brand launched by its sister company, AnimationXpress. The curator for the summit is Ar. Apurva Bose Dutta, an Indian author, award-winning architectural journalist, curator and editor, with over 16 years of experience in global collaborations in the AEC industry.
The summit themes will revolve around the lines of aspects and perspectives that demand more attention in the new age, namely: society, diversity and inclusivity, technology, and education and careers. It will also include a special section with students: planning the 'New World' with young minds.
A mix of speakers and panellists with global expertise will be speaking at the summit. In addition to the advisory board members, the speakers' list includes:
- Habeeb Khan, President, Council of Architecture
- Tanuja Kanvinde, Kanvinde Rai & Chowdhury
- Leena Kumar, Kumar Consultants
- Sumita Singha, OBE RIBA
- Martha Thorne, IE School of Architecture and Design
- James Law JP, James Law Cybertecture Architects
- Naresh V Narasimhan, Venkataramanan Associates
- Sandeep Shikre, SSA Architects
- Gita Balakrishnan, Ethos
- Romi Khosla, Romi Khosla Design Studios
- Nathalie de Vries, MVRDV
- Simon Allford, RIBA President
- Anssi Lassila, OOPEAA
- Boman Rustam Irani, Rustomjee Group
- Yasaman Esmaili, Studio Chahar
- Sheila Sri Prakash, Shilpa Architects
- Mahesh Daas, Boston Architectural College
- Sabeena Khanna, Studio KIA
- Prasanna Desai, Prasanna Desai Architects
- Britta Knobel Gupta, Studio Symbiosis
- Sujit Nair, SDeG
- Rajiv Mishra, Sir JJ College of Architecture
- Ruhul Ubdin, Paraa
- Vivek Gupta, Arvind Vivek and Associates
- Pravinsinh Solanki, National Institute of Design
- Siddhant Shah, Access for All
- Kaiwan Mehta, Domus India
- Rita Soh, RDC Architects
The virtual sessions will focus on the cross-pollination of ideas, philosophies and narratives through the formats of inspiring keynote sessions, engaging dialogues, and stimulating panel discussions.
The summit is co-powered by Autodesk, with AMD being the session partner. It is supported by the Indian Institute of Architects (IIA) and the Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) as institution partners, as well as ArchitectureLive! and the World Architecture Community as media partners.