Ahead of the annual Women in Architecture Awards Luncheon on 1 March, The Architectural Review and the Architects’ Journal in partnership with the RIBA will celebrate the best design by female architects from around the world.
Join the discussion with four emerging architects under the age of 45 and four established architects working both at home and abroad. Hear presentations by exceptional international architects who have been shortlisted for the 2019 Architect of the Year and the Moira Gemmill Prize for Emerging Architecture.
6:30pm - Welcome and introduction
6:30pm – 7:15pm | Moira Gemmill Prize for Emerging Architecture shortlist panel
- Lina Ghotmeh of Lina Ghotmeh Architecture, based in Paris, France
- Irene Pérez of TEd’A Arquitectes, based in Palma de Mallorca, Spain
- Xu Tiantian of DnA, based in Beijing, China
- Jeannette Kuo of Karamuk Kuo, based in Zürich, Switzerland
Chaired by Phineas Harper, Deputy Director of the Architecture Foundation.
7:15pm – 7:45pm: Interval
7:45pm – 8:30pm | Architect of the Year shortlist panel
- Eva Prats, co-founder of Flores & Prats, for Casal Balaguer Cultural Centre in Palma de Mallorca, Spain by Flores & Prats and Duch-Pizà
- Sheila O’Donnell, founding director of O’Donnell + Tuomey, for the Central European University in Budapest, Hungary, by O’Donnell + Tuomey
- Ellen van Loon, partner at OMA, for the Qatar National Library in Doha, by OMA
- Carme Pigem, co-founder of RCR Arquitectes, for De Krook Library in Ghent, Belgium, by RCR Arquitectes and Coussée & Goris Architecten.
Chaired by Professor Lesley Lokko, Head of School at the Graduate School of Architecture, University of Johannesburg.
8:30pm – Ends