HR Office Essentials – a concise guide to all things HR within your practice
Are you a practice manager, involved in the HR processes within your organisation or looking to run your own business in the future? Our Office Essentials session will provide a concise guide to all things HR within a practice.
With an ever-increasing focus in society upon the health, safety and well-being of staff, as well as the importance to maximise productivity, this session with address some of the key HR issues that employers face on a day to day basis.
Specifically, this session will discuss the following:
- Incentives to retain staff and restrictions that may occur when they leave
- GDPR Compliance, working hours, disciplinaries and grievances
- Managing absences – with a particular focus on the impact on small teams
- Recruitment – the key considerations for a fair process
- How to handle difficult conversations
- Changes to the business including re-organisation and transfers
Howard Lewis-Nunn, No15 Chambers
Qualified as a barrister, Howard has almost 20 years’ experience advising on employment law. His clients range from owner-managed enterprises, professional practices, international businesses to individuals. He is registered with the Bar Council for public access work, so he can be instructed directly without a solicitor. With his pragmatic approach he seeks to find commercial solutions for clients.
He has gained extensive experience of all aspects of the employment relationship and so is able to give practical advice on the issues that may arise beyond employment law, such as data protection and the Bribery Act.
As well as representing clients in employment tribunals and courts, he also provides training on current topics to help employers manage their workplace effectively.
- RIBA/CIAT members £46 + VAT
- Non-RIBA members £92 + VAT
Core Curriculum topics
- Legal, regulatory and statutory compliance
- Business, clients and services