In June 2022, RIBA hosted a roundtable discussion attended by academics, practitioners, students , and key stakeholders. During the session, the discussion followed three core topics:
- access to the profession and routes to registration
- conduct and agency
A number of common topics emerged that centered on the interface between education and practice, and the importance of the reciprocal relationship between both.
At Interface in January 2023, the day will be divided into the following sections:
- Practice focus: What does a practice need from education ?
- The student perspective: A film highlighting the experience of students working in practice
- Education reform: Input from ARB and RIBA
- Education focus: What does education need from practice?
- The pursuit of better funding for architectural education
This in-person event has limited places, so we recommend booking via the link below as soon as possible in order to secure your place.
A detailed agenda of the day will be provided on this webpage closer to the event. The day will begin at 10am with tea and coffee served from 9.30am. The day will include lunch and will end at 4.30pm with a drinks reception and an opportunity for networking.
We also have a number of places allocated for students where travel expenses can be supported by agreement in advance of the event. For further details please email email@example.com.
Registration for the RIBA Education and Practice Away Day is now closed. This page will be updated with additional information and resources for attendees closer to the event.