As part of RIBA North East's Change The Record initiative, we will be hosting a series of informal table talks from January 2020, called JEDI talks (Just equality, diversity, inclusion).
Come along from 10.30am until 12pm on 24 January for the first talk: 'Can you have your cake and eat it?', at the Laing Art Gallery. The format will be deliberately informal, allowing those with children to attend if required.
You'll hear contributions from those on maternity leave, sole practitioners, large scale employers followed by lively debate and discussion on the issues raised.
Whether you’ve cracked it, or are struggling with life’s juggle. Help us challenge architectural practice by adding your voice to the discussion.
Contributors confirmed so far include:
- Grace Choi: Grace Choi Architecture
- Paul Yeomans/Lianne Knotts: Medical Architecture
- Sarah Stead: Studio Stead
- Nick Deeming: FaulknerBrowns
- Liam Newton: Newton Architects
- Nicky Watson and others: JDDK
- Soo Darcy and others: Ryder
- Nathan Sanders: P+HS
- Hilary L’Anson: Faulkner Browns